71. Play Tennis
Over 300 courts and 19 tennis clubs dot Hilton Head Island. Internationally recognized tennis programs for every age and ability level are offered year around, and there are always tournaments and round robins.
Once you play at one of these clubs you will leave with no doubt in your mind why Tennis magazine ranked Hilton Head among its “50 Greatest U.S. Tennis Resorts.”
Whether you are looking for clay, natural-grass, or hard courts, the following locations will have what you are looking for. With the exception of the public courts, clubs have a per hour charge.
There are two public court locations. One is off Cordillo Road at the entrance to Cordillo Courts Apartments. The courts are open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (lighted) and are reserved via a sign-up sheet allowing one hour per sign-up. Call 843-681-7273 for additional information.
The other public court is the brand new Chaplin Community Park located between Singleton Beach Road and Burkes Beach Road.
Other courts with public access include (some are in gated plantations and will require a pass):
- Hilton Head Island Beach and Tennis Resort, Folly Field Road (843-842-4402)
- Port Royal Racquet Club, Port Royal Plantation (843-686-8803)
- Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, Palmetto Dunes Resort (843-785-1152)
- Sea Pines Racquet Club, Sea Pines (843-363-4495)
- Shipyard Racquet Club, Shipyard Plantation (843-686-8804)
- South Beach Racquet Club, Sea Pines (843-671-2215)
- Van der Meer Tennis Center, Cordillo Parkway and Deallyon Road (843-785-8388)
Learn About Our Other “101″ Publications
In addition to Hilton Head, we also publish visitor magazines other regions of the country, including California, Hawaii, Oregon, and the Outer Banks of North Carolina. To view these magazines, visit our website at www.101things.com.
Hilton Head Airport, SC
Last Updated on Apr 17 2014, 10:50 am EDT
Current Conditions: Clear
Wind: North at 13mph