73. Shop a Farmers Market
The farm-to-fork movement has gained momentum and popularity in recent years. As a result, farmers markets are “cropping” up everywhere.
Shopping for local produce and products in the laid-back ambiance of a Lowcountry farmers market is not only economical, but it is very entertaining. There are a number of Hilton Head area farmers markets:
• Bluffton – Buckwalter Farmers Market, Buckwalter Place, 3:00-6:00 p.m., Tuesdays from May through to the end of October.
• Beaufort – Pick Pocket Plantation Farmers Market, 93 Trask Farm Road, 2:00-7:00 p.m., Tuesdays. 203-417-7512.
• Beaufort – Downtown Beaufort Farmers Market, Freedom Mall on Bay Street (in front of the Downtown Marina), 2:00-6:00 p.m., Wednesdays from May through to the end of October.
• Hilton Head Island – Shelter Cove Community Park, 39 Shelter Cove Lane, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Wednesdays through October 30 (seasonal). 843-681-7273.
• Bluffton – Bluffton Farmers Market, Calhoun Street, 2:00-7:00 p.m., Thursdays (seasonal hours). 843-415-2447.
• Beaufort – Habersham Farmers Market, Habersham Marketplace, 4:00-7:00 p.m. Fridays. 843-846-3444.
• Port Royal – Port Royal Farmers Market, Heritage Park on Ribaut Road, 8:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. Saturdays (seasonal hours).
Browse 101 Things
Browse Activity Companies