73. Shop a Farmers Market
The farm-to-fork movement has gained momentum and popularity in recent years. As a result, farmers markets are “cropping” up everywhere.
Shopping for local produce and products in the laid-back ambiance of a Lowcountry farmers market is not only economical, but it is very entertaining. There are a number of Hilton Head area farmers markets:
• Bluffton – Traditional Farmers Market, Buckwalter Place, 2:00-6:00 p.m., Tuesdays from May through to the end of October.
• Beaufort – Pick Pocket Plantation Farmers Market, 93 Trask Farm Road, 2:00-7:00 p.m., Tuesdays. 203-417-7512.
• Hilton Head Island – Shelter Cove Community Park, 39 Shelter Cove Lane; Tuesdays from April 29 through October 28, 4:00-7:00 p.m; June 17 to August 12 (Tuesday Night Fireworks) 4:00-9:00 p.m. 843-681-7273.
• Beaufort – Downtown Beaufort Farmers Market, Freedom Mall on Bay Street (in front of the Downtown Marina), 2:00-6:00 p.m., Wednesdays from May through to the end of October.
• Bluffton – Bluffton Farmers Market, Calhoun Street, 2:00-7:00 p.m., Thursdays (seasonal hours). 843-415-2447.
• Beaufort – Habersham Farmers Market, Habersham Marketplace, 4:00-7:00 p.m. Fridays. 843-846-3444.
• Beaufort – Pick Pocket Plantation Farmers Market, 93 Trask Farm Road, 9:00-4:00 p.m., Saturdays. 203-417-7512.
• Port Royal – Port Royal Farmers Market, Heritage Park on Ribaut Road, 8:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. Saturdays (seasonal hours).
Learn About Our Other “101″ Publications
In addition to Hilton Head, we also publish visitor magazines other regions of the country, including California, Hawaii, Oregon, and the Outer Banks of North Carolina. To view these magazines, visit our website at www.101things.com.
Hilton Head Airport, SC
Last Updated on Mar 9 2014, 4:50 pm EDT
Current Conditions: Clear
Wind: West at 11mph