The Vagabond, also known as Vagabond II, is Hilton Head Island’s original sightseeing and excursion vessel.
The Vagabond measures 82 feet in length and offers two levels of seating. The upper deck offers bench seating with an open-air view; the lower level offers snack bar seating & bench seating with an area to find shade on a sunny day. The bow (or front of the boat) offers open-air bench seating as well.
The Vagabond is licensed and Coast Guard approved to carry 149 passengers. There is a full crew, snack bar, and restrooms as well as fabulous views of dolphins and the gorgeous Lowcountry.
The Vagabond offers a wide range of water bound tours and activities:
- Fully-narrated Dolphin Nature Cruises and Sunset Cruises. The Captains have a great understanding of marine life and waterways. The company features a ‘Dolphin Guarantee’ with all of their Dolphin Cruises.
- During the peak summer season The Vagabond adds specialty cruises such as The Fireworks Dolphin Cruise, the Greg Russell Bubble Gum Cruise, and the chillingly fun and spooky Ghost Ship Cruise.
- They offer a year-around four-hour narrated cruise to historic and mysterious Daufuskie Island. Along the way you will see and hear about the historic Haig Point Lighthouse, the ruins of antebellum slave quarters, Strahn Mansion, and many other sights. Once you arrive at Freeport Marina on Daufuskie Island, you can choose from either the narrated Old Daufuskie Tour, or you can rent a Fuskie Golf Cart and explore on your own. (Both the Old Daufuskie Tour and golf carts rentals are available at an additional cost once you arrive on Daufuskie Island. Golf cart rentals are based on availability.) When you return from your touring to the Daufuskie marina, enjoy a leisurely lunch at the Old Daufuskie Crab Co. before boarding for your return to Harbour Town. You can also bring along your bike at no additional charge.
- The Vagabond has been selected to host onboard The University Of South Carolina Beaufort’s Coastal Ecology School. This is a one of a kind collaboration between the island’s original excursion cruise company and the University of South Carolina. Students and faculty from the universities Coastal Ecology School will be aboard select Vagabond cruises conducting research on phytoplankton, fish reproduction, and bottlenose dolphin. Researchers will be deploying trawl nets to collect specimens and hydrophones to listen and record the sounds made by various marine life including fish and dolphins. During the cruise passengers will have an opportunity to interact with the researchers as they show and interpret the days’ results.
- The Vagabond is host to over one hundred private charters each year ranging from corporate functions and school groups to family reunions, weddings and celebrations. For more information on private charters, contact the Private Charter Sales & Events Manager at (843) 785-2662.
Location and Phone Number:
Harbour Town Yacht Basin in Sea Pines Plantation
149 Lighthouse Road
Hilton Head Island, SC