The farm-to-fork movement has gained momentum and popularity in recent years. As a result, farmers markets are “cropping” up everywhere. The farm-to-fork movement has gained momentum and popularity in recent years. As a result, farmers markets are ‘cropping’ up everywhere.
Shopping for local produce and products in the laid-back ambiance of a Lowcountry farmers market is not only economical, but it is very entertaining.
There are a number of Hilton Head area farmers markets: `
- Hilton Head Island – Farmer’s Market at The Shops at Sea Pines Center, 71 Lighthouse Road, Sea Pines Resort (gate pass required for non-residents/guests), 10:00 a.m.to 2:00 p.m. , Tuesdays mid-March through October. 843-322-1900.
- Beaufort – Downtown Beaufort Farmers Market, corner of North and Bladen Streets, 2:00-6:00 p.m., Wednesdays from May through to the end of October. 843-525-6162.
- Bluffton – Bluffton Farmers Market, Calhoun Street, 2:00-7:00 p.m., Thursdays (seasonal hours). 843-415-2447. Saturdays:
- Port Royal – Port Royal Farmers Market, Heritage Park on Ribaut Road, 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Saturdays (seasonal hours):
- Savannah – Forsyth Farmers Market, South End of Forsyth Park at the intersection of Bull Street and Park Avenue (13 East Park Avenue), 9:00-1:00 p.m., Saturdays.